Last week, i faced a issue when i uploaded new RPD /Catalog on BI server. Initially Presentation Services were not coming up.Once it started and i logged in using weblogic user, i got an error :
access denied for user to path /users/weblogicand
access denied for user to path /users/weblogic/_portal/dashboard layout error
I searched many articles where they mentioned about GUID refresh,which seemed to be a long and cumbersome process.
I tried to analyse the issue and found that it was caused due to “USERS” folder and “Users.atr” file present inside the Catalog folder. I tried something which to my surprise, worked out. So thought to share it with my readers here.
original catalog (OFS) path: \Oracle\Middleware\instances\instance2\bifoundation\OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent\coreapplication_obips1\catalog\OFS\root\users
NEw Catalog (OBA) Path: \Oracle\Middleware\instances\instance2\bifoundation\OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent\coreapplication_obips1\catalog\OBA\root\users
1. delete the folder and .atr from OBA (path defined above)
2. Copy folder and .atr file from OFS original Catalogs and paste it here in OBA catalog path
2. Restart the BI services
3. Login using the user
If it still doesnt work for you then you can try two other methods:
1) RPD Users deletion
Open the rpd offline before deployment, Goto Manage -> Identity->users .Check if any users are there in the rpd, if so remove them. Now deploy your rpd again.
2) Refresh GUIDs
Its always a best practice to refresh GUIDs, when uploading new rpd/catalog. If the same user name exists in both directory servers (original and new), the original user GUID may conflict with the user GUID contained in new server.A refresh forces the system to reference the user GUID contained in the new directory server.
Follow the below for Refreshing GUIDs:
1. Get the RPD&Catalog to target Machine. Make sure the BI Servers are down
2. Add/Update the below in instanceconfig.xml (ORACLE_INSTANCE/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/
3. Add the below in NQSConfig file (ORACLE_INSTANCE/config/OracleBIServerComponent/coreapplication_obisn)
FMW_UPDATE_ROLE_AND_USER_REF_GUIDS = YES;
4. Save both files
5. Open FMW (Entrerprise Manager) and load new RPD and Catalog. Click Apply and Click Activate Changes. Don’t restart from EM
6. Go to Command line and using opmnctl command to restart the servers
Wait for sometime. (The Presentation server will be stopped automatically)
Now stop all the services using below command
7. Once the servers are down, UNDO the changes done in both config files.
reset the FMW_UPDATE_ROLE_AND_USER_REF_GUIDS to NO
instead of making “UpdateAccountGUIDs” to “none” , you should comment the whole tag to improve BI presentation services restart time
8.Start the servers again and try login to Answers.