Like we discussed in my other blog over D3 visualizations in Obiee 11g, we have another data visualization technique called “word clouds”, that is used to graphically show word distributions in unstructured data sets through font sizes and orientations. For example, the word cloud shown below display the company names in different sizes/fonts.
It can be implemented in OBIEE11g reports, without using any extra help. We just have to create a dummy column using any logic to get dummy values ranging between 5 to 70 and then in Narrative View we can use this column in font size of Company column.
Try below steps:
- Add your column which needs to appear in Cloud, ie Product name
- Create a dummy column Font . Edit it and write any logic to get value range from 5 to 70 ( you can range your values depending on Font size required in Cloud) , like (count Of Transaction) * 5) / Max (count Of Transaction) or if Char column is there, you can formula like (count(name)*1000 )/ 30 *9.5 or anything.
- Now edit column properties of Font column to set Data format as non decimal
- Now create 1 more dummy column as Color .Edit it to write formula as Case when Font is between 1 to 10, then ‘Red’ when Font is between 11 to 30 then ‘Green’ etcc.
- Now go to results and see how table view appears. If everything seems fine, save this report. Now add a Narrative View to it to display the Company/Product name column, like below and its done.
<a style= "font-size:@2pt; color:@3;"> @1 </a>