This is many people’s fav dish. Since it is cooked without garlic,ginger, onion or tomatoes, its easy to cook, but very time taking.
Bhindi needs to be nicely washed and rinsed.My recipe of bharwa bhindi is for serving 5 people along with Roti and Raita.
- Bhindi – 1kg
- Spices (salt, Garam masala, dhaniya,red chilli)
- Amchoor powder (dry mango) – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Wash Bhindi for atleast 10 mins properly under running water.
- Keep it aside for drying (1-2 hrs in summer, 4-5 hrs in winter). If you are in hurry, you can use a cloth to wipe each piece
- Trim it from both ends and cut it in long way.
- mix all spices together (2tbsp – Garam Masala, Daniya, 1tbsp – Red chilli, 1/2tbsp – amchoor, Salt as per taste)
- Start filling bhindi, with this masala mixture in small quantity
- Once all bhindi are evenly filled, heat the oil in pan
- Put all bhindi in it. Spread Haldi – 1tbsp and stir it well.
- close the lid and keep it for 10 mins.
- Open the lid, check if Bhindi is soft now. Fry it now in open Pan for next 5- 10 mins, depending how much crispy you want.
Prepare it and share your views 🙂