This dish is a famous Rajasthani dish. It is prepared in form of curry. It can be prepare din many ways. I am mentioning punjabi way to make it & to serve 5 people , so enjoi 🙂
- Besan powder – 250 gm
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Kasoori methi – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Onion- 4
- tomato -4
- spices – as per taste
- ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Dhaniya( fresh leaves) – 4-5
- Mix Besan with kasoori methi, salt (1/2 tbsp),oil(1/2 tbsp), curd(2 tbsp).
- Knead it well with water to make the dough. ensure its not hard, if it becomes, add more curd and some oil
- Boil a pan full of water (5-6 cups). Meanwhile prepare long rolls of this besan dough as shown
- Once water is boiled, put these sticks into it. Do not stir, else rolls will break. Let them settle down and after 10-12 mins, they will start coming up.
- Remove the pan now and take these rolls out with a spoon into plate.
- After it cools down, break these besan rolls into small pieces
- Do not throw this water. It will be used for Curry preparation
- Now grind onion and tomatoes in a grinder separately.
- Place 3 tbsp ghee in a pan. Once hot, add grinded onion . Keep on stirring till it turns pinkish brown.
- Now add Tomotoes grinded to it. Keep on stirring for atleast 10 mins, so both of them leave there water and are roasted (bhuna) well
- Now add besan roll pieces into it and stir well. Keep it for 5 more mins
- Now add water you left in pan after boiling rolls. Again stir till it becomes Red colored curry.
Your dish is ready. Serve it with parantha or roti and Enjoy !!
NEW LAUNCH: SAMSUNG GALAXY C9 PRO – Open for Pre-order , click the image below (Release Date: 20th Feb) –6 GB RAM, 4000 mAh Battery, Gold & Black variants