Here i am with the quick, simple and yet healthy breakfast recipe.As we all know Sooji is a balanced food. Its also called Rava, like Rava Idli/dosa. It gives great energy, and is vital for important body functions. Sooji Is also good for diabetic people or those who wish to lose weight, since sooji or semolina is made from durum wheat (hard variety) and not the usual soft wheat which is used in bread making.Sooji is often used for making pastas, porridge or upma.Its counted in Healthy staple foods, but when taken in limited amount.
Today we will discuss Sooji Bread recipe.Its my Mother-inlaw’s recipe and she taught me to cook it.
- 1 cup Sooji/ Rava
- 1/2 cup Milk (basically Malai)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Capsicum
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilly, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Oil, for shallow frying
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 tbsp Black Pepper
- Take sooji , 1/2 cup milk & salt (as per taste) in a bowl.
- Mix well using spoon by gradually adding water until batter has thick yet equal consistency
- Keep it asidehttps://wordpress.com/post/creativeme1807.wordpress.com/855 for next 15 mins.
- Now again stir the batter after 15mins, and add onion, capsicum, tomato, green chillies, coriander leaves in the batter. (if your batter gets very milky, add malai or yoghurt to get back the consistency)
- Mix well and again check for consistency. (Rava/Sooji absorbs water as time goes by and batter becomes thick) If required, add extra water or 1-2 tbsp milk and mix well to make sure that it has equal consistency.
- Heat non-stick tawa over medium flame. Add few drops of oil on the surface of tawa and spread it evenly using halved potato. This process helps the batter to easily spread over tawa.
- Now take a bread piece, spread this batter on one side of it. Place the bread on tawa now.
- Drizzle 1-teaspoon oil around the edge.Tawa should be on medium flame.
- Cook until color of bread with batter changes from white to off-white and turns light brown for approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Now flip it gently and cook another side of the bread. If you want, you can apply batter on other side of bread also, after placing the first side on tawa. Cook it properly then.
Now our dish is ready.Place the bread on the plate. You can garnish it with chili flakes and oregano also. Serve it hot with Sause or Chutneys.Gives you a Pizzaaaa feeling !!
Please try and share your views 🙂 Have a good healthy start of the day !!
Blogging is about giving more than it is about getting.
Follow me on Zomato
Follow me for more foodie pics on InstaHandle @ creativeme1807
Find my special Ingredients by clicking here:
NEW LAUNCH: SAMSUNG GALAXY C9 PRO – Open for Pre-order , click the image below (Release Date: 20th Feb) –6 GB RAM, 4000 mAh Battery, Gold & Black variants