I am back again with yet new and authentic dhaba style recipe of Sirke wale pyaaz, which are even called as Pickled Onion.If you are not aware of what it means,let me tell you “Sirka” means vinegar and “pyaaz” is onions. Together it means pickled onions. Whenever i visit any fine dine restaurant, i start my main course with sirke wale pyaaz only. These onions go well with maximum punjabi dishes like daal makhani, paneer butter masala and so on.Every Punjabi, reading this, will understand what i am saying.
Follow the step by step guide below and learn an easy way of making Vinegar Onion recipe or Sirke wala pyaaz recipe at home.
- 1kg small or pearl onion (easily available in shops)
- 1 tbsp white Non synthetic fruit vinegar /apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 small beetroot (chakundar)
- 1 tbsp salt (level it , dont full to much)
- 1 tbsp sugar (same level it..not too much)
- 1 elaichi (for essence /flavor)
Prep time : 20 mins
- Peel and rinse the onions properly.
- Using the knife, make a cross on onions but not slice them full (see images)
- place all the onions in a glass jar or ceramic jar . (Vinegar can react with steal utensils)
- Take a beetroot.peel it and slice it into small pieces (suitable for eating).
- Take a pan, add 1cup water. Boil it and add above cut beetroot pieces.
- Add 1tbsp each of salt and sugar. Stir it well. close the lid and let water boil for 5mins. take pan off the gas and let it cool. Don’t remove the lid else full flavor and essence will evaporate.
- Add the vinegar to your bottle or jar of onions, such that its only half filled. Not more. The Pickled onion taste better with vinegar + water combination. so make sure you don’t add more vinegar.
- close the lid of bottle & shake it.
- Now check if pan water is at room temperature (ie not too hot), pour it in the bottle. Let the beetroot pieces be added too. If you dont wanna eat beetroot with pickled onion, you can remove it from water before).
- let the onion + beetroot sit in the vinegar-water solution for 12-15 hours in refrigerator.
- Now its ready. Shake it well, when you use it.
Can be enjoyed for couple of week if stored in a airtight container in fridge.Please try it at home and share your experiences or pics below 🙂
Do share it with your friends on social media too !!
© Follow me on Instagram – creativeme1807
© Follow me on Twitter – @EktaSethi1807
© Follow me on Zomato – www.zomato.com/foodofy
© Follow for more content: creativeme1807.wordpress.com
© Follow me on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Creativeme1807.wordpress/