Hello friends, so i am back with my new recipe..Punjabi kadhi with pakora. All the kadhi preparing ways are similar, but only difference is in their taste of spices. You can serve it with Rice or chapati both. Enjoy the delicious and lip smacking Kadhi prepared with my recipe. One imp thing, Kadhi gets it flavor only when left to get thicker over low flame. So do not hurry up cooking it, else it will lack flavors.
Ingredients for Kadhi:
- 1 Cup sour curd
- 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 tbsp)
- water ( as required)
- salt as per taste
Steps to follow:
- Beat curd and 1/4 cup besan in a bowl with hand beater or blender.
- Add 1½ cups water, turmeric powder ,onion and salt. Blend all ingredients until smooth batter is ready. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Now take a pan, heat it up. Pour this solution to it.
- Cook on medium flame for approx. 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking. If mixture becomes very thick, keep on adding water in small qunatities & again stir. Again cook more for 3-4 minutes. It should have pouring consistency. You will it boiling.
- Now reduce the flame to low and and keep Kadhi for 30 mins approx. This will help it to get thick.
- Meanwhile prepare pakora for kadhi.
- Also now we can prepare Tadka for Kadhi. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan on low flame. When oil is medium hot , add zeera (1/4 tbsp), kadhi patta(wash it nicely,6-7) , chopped onion (1) , Rai (10-11), lal mirch(1/4 tbsp) ,adrak lehsun paste (1/2 tbsp), heeng(1/4 tbsp)
- Sorte it well. once done, remove the pan and immediately pour it over prepared kadhi.
- Now you can stir it well and add Pakora too.
Enjoi amazing tasty Kadhi with rice 🙂
Please share your feedback and comments !!