I am back after a long vacay !! and thought to add some pointers to my blog. I have searched a lot about this topic and found least information. So here is step by step process to Generate DDL scripts for all tables in a schema in SQL developer, without much work.
If you want only DDL scripts together in 1 view, you can use below query to run in SQL developer schema, where you want output:
SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL(‘TABLE’, TABLE_NAME) FROM USER_TABLES;
Next way to get separate DDL scripts is to :
- Go to FILE -> DATA MODELLER -> EXPORT -> DDL FILE
- New pop up window appear
- Click on Generate button
- New pop window appears
- Now click on “Generate DDL scripts in Separate Files”, on screen at bottom right.
- Now go to tab “Include TABLE DDL scripts
- Select table you want to have DDL scripts
- click ok. It will ask for location, where to store. Just set all this and you are good to go.
Happy Working 🙂