Mamagoto, in literal meaning is an interactive, context aware Japanese dining system which encourage kids to ‘play’ with their food to sense its texture and shape. Inspired from this concept, idea of Mamagoto restro is to give their customers a fun Asian eating experience on the table.
Talking about the ambiance, its a lovely cosy setup which has seating arrangements for all. This place is known for its love towards art which you will notice in their ambiance, which is a depiction of eclectic portrayal. Here in cyber hub, they have both indoor and outdoor comfortable seating. They can definitely work on lights system as seems lil dull to me.
I have been here with my Hubby on a friday eve to enjoy after-office hours. We were immediately attended by a server who assisted us with the menu options and help us understand it , by explaining the ingredients. This was very impressive on part of their service and we quickly placed our order.
We kicked off with starters quoted next along with our drinks, Watermelon Beach (4/5)-drink of mint, lime, watermelon, sugar, soda and sprite. It was next similar to Kiwi Mint collins (4/4). I loved their Passion fruit & orange cooler (5/5) –which was very refreshing and tasted wow.
- Vegetable basil cups which were minced veg, basil and thai herbs served in lettuce cups. Tasted nice with their classic sauces.
- Hot & sour pepper soup (Veg) (5/5), which was Mamagoto classic,as its their slight diff version in taste from tradition hot and sour soup, the very small slices of soft paneer in soup was nice and unique.
- Street style Dumpling – well cooked and full of veggies.
- Old school Gyoza-veg (5/5)- they were good in taste and lot similar to normal dumplings, just lil pan fried.
- Fried goat cheese taco (3.5/5)– It tasted really well but i could nt like it much because of its smell. Goat cheese smell is obvious and liked by many, so it my personal opinion.
- Thai Puchka (4/5) – It tasted really good but had strong Ginger sauce traces at end, which can be improved.
- Crispy Lotus stem (5/5) – Cripsy and well salted. Tasted good.
I really liked the starter and soup, which brought up my expectations from the main course, in which we had Hakka noodles (veg) meal, which was medium spicy and one of their signature dishes. The quantity of same was good enough for one as i am noodle fan and quality of noodles was perfect. It Spicyness being on higher side added much more taste to it.
Then came Dessert time. Since i have a sweet tooth, i tried so many things here like :
1) Mamagoto Chunky Caramel Sponge Cake with toffee sauce served hot with vanilla ice-cream(3/5) . It was tasty no doubt but extra caramelised sweet, so taste differs for all.
2) Panookie (5/5)- Its a mamgoto signature choco-chip pan cookie served with ice-cream. Its crust is crispy and mouth watering. Winner dish for tonite for me.
3)coconut caramel custard (4/5) – this was served with grilled banana & macaroon dust. was delicious and quantity was good.
Overall I liked the experience here. They successfully followed their moto of ‘to play with food’. Will definitely visit again 🙂
Follow for more such scrumptious and delicious reviews !! Take care
Find this on Zomato at: