Yes friends, am back with my next review of newly opened restaurant in gurgaon’s happening place, Sector 29. As we all know this place is full of newbie’s with different concept so yes lets welcome Philtre , which means ” a drink supposed to arouse love and desire for a particular person in the drinker”, in other words a love potion.
This place is full of aroma be its ambience, concept, food presentation. They have a ancient era funda behind every drinks and food. Theme of this restaurant is related to an old era with fascinating paintings on the wall,decorum and bar arrangements.They don’t believe in using glassware to match their old era concept and hence go for Brass, ceramic and other metals which were famous for crockery.
Food & drinks menu is wide and has lot of different exotic names to it. Every food item is served along with its presentation & preparation story, which not only excites us to try it but also makes us feel good to eat what we know.
Drinks were customized according to our choices, be it a mocktail or a cocktail and presented beautifully in different ways like in mocktails we had:
- Piney Basil slush : Its a must try
- Asian Sapphire
- Cold coffee
Similarly in cocktails we tried :
- Botany of Desire : Must try
- Midas Touch
Coming to veg starters, we had
- Beetroot crisps (4/5): Nowadays many restaurants are playing with beetroot and creating good dishes, this is yet another one of those. Thinly sliced battered beetroot golden fried served with bhel and mint chuttney.
- Cholle chawal bites – This was something new to me, with a crispy fried layer full of spicy chole rice mixture. Spices were little on high end but yes loved the fusion.
- Rajma Galouti – This was a different style to present galouti dish with fast food fusion. Placing rajma galouti kebab over in-house nachos was very innovative. Taste was literally lip smacking and delicious.
In non veg starters, the all time fav of my hubby was
- Lamb chops(5/5) – One of the best and softest lamb chops that he ever had. Melted in mouth, and full of aroma and flavors. These Lamb Chops were a showstopper dish.
- Maggi Fish Finger (4/5): My favorite dish, fresh fish battered with Maggi and fried golden, served with tartar dip. Amazing.
- Butter Chicken Fondue (4/5): Another nice dish. Fried minced chicken fingers served with butter chicken gravy.
- Lucknowi seekh (4/5): Yummy double seekh kebab filled with cheese at the center. Amazing.
In mains we ate, Maggi Prawns (5/5): Perfectly cooked prawns inside you very own Maggi. Must try for prawn lovers. Lamb Croquettes (4/5): Having nicely spiced and minced lamb inside crispy crust outside. Served with rogan josh gravy. Falafel Curry (5/5)-(both veg & non veg), this was a new fusion concept wherein the gravy was so creamy and falafel carried its own crunchyness. Not an easy task so well done chef and a must try. Machir Ghunto(5/5) – Its a pulao with fish texture. Authentic to its taste and aroma. Was delicious.
Last but not the least , dessert was the USP here. We had In Desserts we had Litchi Rabri panna cotta (4/5): Served with Saffron foam and crispy almond tuile. Chocolate Desire (5/5): It was a cylindrical shaped chocolate flavored dessert sprinkled choco chips and served with fruit sauce,It had right amount of chocolate in it, was not much sweet and not much dark. Must try for chocolate lovers. Kulfi Falooda (5/5): A full platter of falooda served with various food items like fresh fruits, Malai peda and Paan flavor , which made it the showstopper in desserts. It was scrumptious and very refreshing.
Service was really quick and servers knew what they are serving which makes it more presentable. Before leaving the chef visited us to know our experience, presented us with something i can nevr forget, Gur Candies,have a look 🙂
Must try place and highly recommendable. You can find it on Zomato: