Customize Login,Header,Images and Logos in OBIEE 11g
b) delete browser cache and restart BIpresentation services in EM.
Restart the services.
Courtesy : Google
OBIEE 11g allows you to define and customize KPIs, and to then integrate them into your dashboard. In this way you can assess current performance at a glance. Your KPI Watchlist can also be used to create analyses and agents that trigger based on certain threshold conditions and actions.
1. Log in to Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g, using your username and password. From the home page, select New -> KPI from the common header area. When prompted to select a subject area, for example select any Sales/Revenue related.
2. The KPI Entry screen will then appear. This screen enables you to define the actual value and target value measures for the KPI, as well as an optional time offset to show performance as a trend.
3. Then, you specify the dimensionality of the KPI,by for example making it analyzable by two levels in the store hierarchy, and two in the time hierarchy or
you want users to be able to switch the product category for which the KPI is displayed but you want the year, 2010, to stay constant (or “pinned”). To do this, click the Add button on the Dimensionality screen, select the “Times”.”Year”attribute, and select 2010for Value. Then click Addagain to add the “Stores”.”Product” attribute column, but leave Value as Not Pinned. Click Next to proceed to the next step in the process: defining the thresholds.
The values used for these dimensions can either be “pinned”,so that they stay static for this KPI, or
they can be dynamic, allowing the user to change them to vary their “point of view”. As well as using
regular “attribute” columns to define these dimensions, you can also use complete hierarchies in the
form of hierarchical columns from the semantic model presentation layer.
4. On the Thresholds screen, you can specify values that will determine whether the performance achieved warrants an OK, Warning, or Critical indication. In this example, performance will be considered OK if it is within 90 percent of the target and critical if it falls below 70 percent.
5. Click Next to proceed to the next step, where you can define related documents for the KPI. This enables users to reference other analyses, external Web pages to support the KPI. For this example, however, there are no related documents, so click Finish to move to the final steps, where you can name and save the KPI.
You can create more KPI in similar manner.
Displaying KPIs, Using a KPI Watchlist
WebLogic Server Administration Console — which provides advanced management for Weblogic, Java components (BI Publisher, MapViewer, …), and security.
Fusion Middleware Control (Enterprise Manager) — which is used to manage the system components (C++, JSE) (BI Server, BI Presentation Services, Scheduler, ….)
The Physical layer in the Administration Tool contains at least one connection pool for each database. When you create the Physical layer by importing a schema for a data source, the connection pool is created automatically. You can configure multiple connection pools for a database.
Connection pools allow multiple concurrent data source requests (queries) to share a single database connection, reducing the overhead of connecting to a database. For each connection pool, you must specify the maximum number of concurrent connections allowed. After this limit is reached, the connection request waits until a connection becomes available. Increasing the allowed number of concurrent connections can potentially increase the load on the underlying database accessed by the connection pool.
- Change the default maximum connections. The default is 10. Based on your system usage change the value that is more realistic to your system usage
- Create a separate connection pool for execution of session variables
- Create a separate connection pool for the execution of aggregate persistence wizard. Remember that you need to give the schema user owner credentials for this connection pool as the wizard creates and drops tables
- If need be create a separate connection pool for VVIPs. You can control who gets to use the connection pool based on the connection pool permissions.
- Enterprise Manager Console
Here you can see the Most Recent Errors and Most Recent Warnings.
• Presentation Services Log
• Server Log
• Scheduler Log
• Cluster Controller Log and many more
- Log files in OBIEE Install directory
BI Server log files
Cluster Controller log
BI Managed Server:
Other Important file paths:
Instanceconfig.xml —-> file path
NQSConfig.INI file path :