The beauty of Parsi delicacies lies in its simplicity yet the perfect innovative way to braid together Indian and international influences. The assorted mix of Gujarati, Irani, Portuguese and even Goan influences, not only makes the cuisine eclectic but also very interesting. Luckily Cyber-Hub in Gurgaon is dotted with a lovey Parsi food restaurant at ground floor, famously known as SBOW (Soda Bottle Opener Wala).
This salubrious café is quaint, specializing in all Parsi delicacies especially doing wonders with egg dishes. The antique wooden panels and mirrors, bentwood chairs and glass-topped tables with red&white crisscross, don’t seem to have changed which give its a stereotypical look.It’s mostly peopled by friends & relatives of cyber hub crowd but yes now a days its attracting people form different places because of its food. Parsi Omelette is called “PORO”. They have launched yummy egg dishes like the world-famous Eggs Kejriwal and Eggs Bheeda par eeda.
We kickstarted our saturday breakfast with sunshine morning at SBOW. We came with a thought process to try maximun of their newly launched BF dishes. Me being a vegetarian/eggitarian,thought of laying back but after going through their foodies menu (full of exotic food descriptions) , i had a big smile on my face. So here a short review of my experience with BAWA breakfast 🙂
- Navsari-style French toast (4/5) – It was a parsi-style french toast spiced with wedding pickle, cream and plums.
- Bharuchi Paneer Akuri (5/5) – This was a showstopper dish for me, as it tasted out of this world. soo tempting and lip smacking scrumptious. In simple words, it was a paneer bhurji but yes in a innovative way.
- Chicken chili Cheese pav (4/5) – This was homemade pao’s topped with tomato sauce , chilli, cheese and chicken. Tasted good.
- Eggs Kejriwal (4/5) – We tried it just to see their innovative way but found it a common dish. Its a mushroom cheese toast.
- Raasta Sandwich (3.5/5)– It tasted fine, but can be improved. baked in homemade multigrain bread stuffed with tomato, cucumber, lettuce and beetroot slices.
- Angry Poro (5/5) – This was again a eggeterian Showstopper dish. Parsi style omelette with red chutney, spring onion and bharli mirchi.
- Meaty Poro (5/5)- similarly like above it has flavors of ham, bacon and cheddar cheese
- Masala fries (5/5)– They tasted so good because of their spices. They use home made spcies 🙂
In Smoothies, i tried my hand on Bawi’s Detox, which is a refreshing drink made of Raspberry , orange juice and Parsley. As the name suggest its a perfect detox and has different taste wrt to other drinks like Masala Lemonade, Beetroot smoothies etc. To try Irani dish the best side drink is Chai or coffee, so here we tried Irani Chai (5/5) and Phateli Coffee (5/5).
Lastly in Deserts we tried, Coconut & Raisin Cake (5/5), Double chocolate chip cake (4/5) and Mawa Cake (5/5).
This place is best for food lovers and also to see the skilled expertise servers which being impaired are best in their own way !! Hats off to them 🙂
You can find this place on Zomato !!