Homemade festive delights presented by Nestle Milkmaid & Nestle Grekyo
Festival season is round the clock and we all enjoy eating delightful desserts. So its a call out to all lovely people reading my blog now, here i am with my last event coverage, which happened at Indigo Delicatessen, cyber hub in collaboration with Easydiner last week. We had a fun-filled sweet sweet day as we learned so many dessert recipes from chef Rahul, using Nestle Grekyo Yogurt & milkmaid.
Event was inaugurated by Nestle Product/brand manager , where he described about Nestle and its products, specifically he shared more about Greek yogurt which was VIP guest of tonite.
Do you know Grekyo yogurt of nestle is prepared using different bacteria with milk powder. Shocked to hear it. Read more to know recipes made out of it !!
Chef Rahul, took over from him and started sharing his secret recipes.
Let me provide you a short overview of the event:
1) Condensed milk cup cake
It was yummlicious cupcake i ever had. Soft and moist from inside decorated with a swirl of delicious buttercream frosting. and butterscotch crunches.
- Butter 85gm (room temperature & softened)
- 250gm Nestle condensed milk
- 1tpsn or 5gm baking powder
- 125gm of Refined flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
Ready In : 30mins
Serves : 10 people
- Preheat oven to 375f or 190c; line muffin cups with papers.
- Cream butter till light and fluffy
- Add Nestle condensed milk gradually and beat both now. Don’t add once else lumps will get created.
- Add 1egg..if u want to avoid egg, you can add more condensed milk.If you want to add more eggs, do it one at a time.
- Now add Refined flour (mixed with baking powder). Easily mix & churn so there are no lumps. Don’t move it fast,as it will become sleek
- Now add Vanilla extract & Keep it aside for 5mins so texture is even.
- Now fill it up in prepared cups. Don’t overflow, so just fill it up till 2/3 of cup.
- Preheat it in Oven at 175 degree for 20mins.
Suggestion: Best part of this recipe is No machines required at home. Secondly in cupcakes..use less baking powder as you don’t require much fluffiness.
Icing: For icing your cupcakes, you can use chocolate ganache, as it gives both flavors of a chocolate and full of cream. Its 1/2 choc 1/2 cream. Sometimes prepared in Rum too, to give alcoholic flavor. Else decorate with a swirl of delicious buttercream frosting.
2. Baked yogurt
This recipe can be prepared using any flavored Nestle Grekyo yogurts in less than 15mins and Serves 5 people.This dessert is absolutely divine – just try it once and you will want to make it again and again. Best point here is, we don’t have to remember the chef maths, since all ingredients are used in equal proportions.Its perfect for parties as they can be made ahead of time.Here is how to make baked vanilla yogurt.
- 200gm Caramelized Condensed milk ( Its a different ingredient prepared over 4.5hrs in a boiling pan, keep on stirring)
- 1/2 cup or 200gm Fresh cream
- 1/2 cup or 200 gm flavored grekyo yogurt
- 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take a bowl and add in half a cup each of Flavored Grekyo yogurt, heavy cream and condensed milk. In India, we do not get heavy whipping cream. We get only low fat cream and it works fine for this recipe.
- Now we need to add 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla. We need real good quality vanilla extract for this recipe. Please do not use imitation vanilla.
- Mix everything well until smooth.
- Pour it in cups or vodka shot glasses and bake in a 160° Celsius oven for 13-14 minutes. No need to preheat the oven for this recipe.
- After 15 minutes, the middle of the cup should be jiggly. If its still liquid, bake for a couple of minutes more. Do not let it cook for long else it will become hard. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
Suggestion: Secret of this recipe is to place the glasses in “Water Bath”, which means hot boiled water.
3. Fruit yoghurt salad
Its just like a fresh fruit salad but yes with a twist. Definitely its tangy and flavored with secret ingredient Yogurt. Do try it at your home and kids will fall in love with this healthy dessert. Its very simple to prepare and takes less time.
- Fresh fruits
- 1 nimbu
- 1tbsp jaggery
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1tbsp honey
- flavored Grekyo Yogurt
- Cut the fruits & peel off properly . Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Stir them & toss until combined
- Now add jaggery to mixture so it absorbs extra moisture and helps product to be fresh for long .It also adds to texture.
- Now sprinkle lemon juice to add tanginess. mix well
- Add cinnamon powder and honey to balance the texture
- You can also add Granola for crunchiness.
- Spoon the fruit into serving bowls and top with the Nestle grekyo yogurt
Follow for more such delightful recipes!!