Now a days end users demand a lot of GUI interactivity in Obiee reports. They are really happy if obiee reports are full of helpful functionalities. One of them is to Google out the value they click on. So this was actually my business requirement few days back. Its not much tough to implement and requires no config or RPD changes.
Steps to do it :
- Create a new Action. Go to New -> Action -> Navigate to a Web PAge
- Type http://www.google.com/search?q=: in url section on window
- then click on Define Parameters in right side of window.Remove the “optional” mark for the parameter like below:
Save this action with any name you remember.
- Now go to your Analysis, where you wanna call this action through any column Interaction.
- On column properties -> Interaction -> Primary Interaction, select Action Links.
- Now click on + sign to add Action link
- Now in new pop up window, clink on Select existing action
- Identify your Saved action and click ok.
- Now edit this Action link and select the “column value” as the parameter value, as shown below
- then Select the relevant column and tick the boxes for “hidden” (and “fixed”) options. click ok to save.
- click ok and check your results. When you click on any mapped column value, Google window will open up searching that value.
Follow For more !!